Lufthansa Strike Cancels All Flights Between Sofia, German Airports
The continuing strike of flight attendants of Lufthansa cancelled all flights operated by the German airline between the Bulgarian capital of Sofia and the airports in Frankfurt and Munich on Wednesday.
The Independent Flight Attendant's Organisation (UFO) announced further strikes from Wednesday until Friday between 04.00 and 23.59 on all flights from/to Frankfurt, Munich and Dusseldorf.
A total of 931 flights were cancelled on Wednesday, which will affect about 96 000 passengers, the website of the airline informs.
Flights from Lufthansa Group airlines Lufthansa CityLine, Germanwings, Eurowings, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, SWISS and Brussels Airlines are not affected by the strikes and are expected to run as scheduled.
The latest strike has lasted since November 6, with flight attendants and the management of the airline continuing to disagree over early retirement conditions and pensions.
- » BSMEPA Declares Support for the Initiatives of the Union of Inventors of Bulgaria
- » Italian Chamber of Commerce and BSMEPA have Agreed on a More Intense Cooperation
- » Bulgaria Big On Bitcoin As Reserves Could Exceed Its Gold Stash
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Insists on 50% Increase in Finances for Advertising
- » Greece Has Granted a Gas Interconnector License to Bulgaria
- » National Tourism Council Will Meet in "Golden Sands"