Lufthansa Strike Cancels All Flights Between Sofia, German Airports
The continuing strike of flight attendants of Lufthansa cancelled all flights operated by the German airline between the Bulgarian capital of Sofia and the airports in Frankfurt and Munich on Wednesday.
The Independent Flight Attendant's Organisation (UFO) announced further strikes from Wednesday until Friday between 04.00 and 23.59 on all flights from/to Frankfurt, Munich and Dusseldorf.
A total of 931 flights were cancelled on Wednesday, which will affect about 96 000 passengers, the website of the airline informs.
Flights from Lufthansa Group airlines Lufthansa CityLine, Germanwings, Eurowings, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, SWISS and Brussels Airlines are not affected by the strikes and are expected to run as scheduled.
The latest strike has lasted since November 6, with flight attendants and the management of the airline continuing to disagree over early retirement conditions and pensions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » New Financial Scheme for Medium-Sized Enterprises
- » Dr. Kunchev: Bulgaria and Black Sea Coast Will be the Safest Places in Europe
- » Move to Be Moved: New Video will Attract Potential Investors in Bulgaria
- » PayPal Quarterly Payments Jump 85% in Three Years to Hit 3.2 billion in March 2020
- » Sweden in Recession Despite Soft Lockdown
- » Bulgaria's Minister of Tourism Nikolina Angelkova: The Indoor Restaurants will Open on June 1