Fourteen People Injured as Two Trams Collide in Sofia
Fourteen people were injured as two trams collided in the Bulgarian capital on Monday.
The incident occurred in the area of the junction at Slivnitsa and Hristo Botev boulevards.
Seven of the injured were transpored to hospital, while the other people affected in the collision were provided with medical aid on the spot.
There is no information of any heavy injuries, private bTV station informs.
Among the passengers in the collided trams were old people and a woman in advanced stage of her pregnancy.
One of the trams could not stop and collided in the vehicle in front of it.
According to the chief of Road Police, the collision occurred due to ignoring distance and unconsidered speed when braking.
The incident resulted in a congestion on Hristo Botev boulevard in the section between the central railway station and Slivnitsa boulevard, with traffick redirected on the Mariе Louise boulevard.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Young Man Dies in A Railway Accident
- » Beirut: Lebanon in Mourning After Massive Explosion
- » Light Airplane Crashed Into a Building in Northern Greece
- » Sofia: Man Falls Under a Bridge in Knyazhevo District, He is Injured
- » Italy's Volcano Stramboli Erupts Unexpectedly
- » Bulgaria: Two Woman Died in a House Fire in Vratsa Region