Bulgarian Rescuers Continue Search for Tourists Buried by Landslide in Lovech Region
Bulgarian rescuers are continuing to search for two tourists, who were buried by a landslide, which occurred in the area of the Krushuna waterfalls near the town of Letnitsa in the region of Lovech on Friday.
At the time of the landslide there were three people in the area - two Bulgarian women and a British man.
One of the women managed to escape and was transported to a hospital in Pleven.
The search for the remaining two tourists continues, with their exact location and health conditions not established yet.
The rescue efforts are hampered by the specific terrain and the noise created by the waterfalls, which makes it difficult to detect any possible shouts for help.
An incident of this type has not been registered in the area before, Darik radio informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Employee of a Funeral Agency is Detained in Relations to the 7 Bodies found near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: 7 Bodies were Found close to a Cemetery near Bankya
- » A Car with Ukrainian Registration was Set on Fire in Varna
- » A Dead Newborn wrapped in a Plastic Bag was found in Sofia
- » A 38-year-old Man from Burgas was Detained for Hammering Pickaxes into Ukrainian Cars
- » A Bus with Ukrainian Citizens caught Fire in Bulgaria