Frankfurt-Sofia Flight Cancelled over Lufthansa Strike
Lufthansa flight Sofia-Frankfurt departing at 2 p.m. Sofia time (1200 GMT) has been cancelled due to a strike at the German air carrier, Sofia Airport authorities announced on Friday.
The flight will take place at 7 a.m. on Saturday.
Frankfurt-Sofia flight scheduled for arrival at 8.15 p.m. on Friday will also be cancelled.
The flight to Bulgaria's capital is among the 290 flights cancelled by Lufthansa on Friday as cabin crew workers went on strike at Frankfurt and Duesseldorf airports over pay and pension conditions. The cancellations included 23 intercontinental flights. Overall, about 37,500 passengers were affected, Lufthansa said.
Flights to and from Munich were not affected by the strike on Friday, the company said.
German labour union UFO has said the protest action would target different airports over the course of the next seven days if the demands for better pay and pension conditions wer not met.
- » Bulgaria to Join the ERM II Currency Mechanism Later than the Announced Deadline
- » 1,302.5 Thousand Bulgarians Made Tourism Trips in Q4 of 2019
- » Google Launched the New Version of Android 11
- » Bulgaria is among the EU Countries with the Worst Rail Transport
- » Airbus will Lay Off more than 2,000 Employees
- » EUR 3.7 Billion is the Revenue from International Tourism in Bulgaria in 2019