Frankfurt-Sofia Flight Cancelled over Lufthansa Strike
Lufthansa flight Sofia-Frankfurt departing at 2 p.m. Sofia time (1200 GMT) has been cancelled due to a strike at the German air carrier, Sofia Airport authorities announced on Friday.
The flight will take place at 7 a.m. on Saturday.
Frankfurt-Sofia flight scheduled for arrival at 8.15 p.m. on Friday will also be cancelled.
The flight to Bulgaria's capital is among the 290 flights cancelled by Lufthansa on Friday as cabin crew workers went on strike at Frankfurt and Duesseldorf airports over pay and pension conditions. The cancellations included 23 intercontinental flights. Overall, about 37,500 passengers were affected, Lufthansa said.
Flights to and from Munich were not affected by the strike on Friday, the company said.
German labour union UFO has said the protest action would target different airports over the course of the next seven days if the demands for better pay and pension conditions wer not met.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Aeroflot: No flights from Russia to Sofia and Bourgas Until the End of August
- » Germany Needs Workers from the Balkans
- » Almost 100 Illegal Houses to be Demolished in the Roma Neighborhood in Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
- » Tsvetan Simeonov: Bulgarian Business Freezes Investment Projects
- » Chinese AI Company Xiao-i is Suing Apple for $1.4 Billion
- » New Results Suggest That Almost 1.5 Million People in Italy Have Developed Antobodies for COVID-19