Frankfurt-Sofia Flight Cancelled over Lufthansa Strike
Lufthansa flight Sofia-Frankfurt departing at 2 p.m. Sofia time (1200 GMT) has been cancelled due to a strike at the German air carrier, Sofia Airport authorities announced on Friday.
The flight will take place at 7 a.m. on Saturday.
Frankfurt-Sofia flight scheduled for arrival at 8.15 p.m. on Friday will also be cancelled.
The flight to Bulgaria's capital is among the 290 flights cancelled by Lufthansa on Friday as cabin crew workers went on strike at Frankfurt and Duesseldorf airports over pay and pension conditions. The cancellations included 23 intercontinental flights. Overall, about 37,500 passengers were affected, Lufthansa said.
Flights to and from Munich were not affected by the strike on Friday, the company said.
German labour union UFO has said the protest action would target different airports over the course of the next seven days if the demands for better pay and pension conditions wer not met.
- » 10 Million Tonnes of Recycled Plastic Will Be Used for the Production of New Products by 2025
- » BDZ Provides Nearly 8,000 Extra Seats For the Holiday Weekend
- » Airbnb Expects to Go Public in 2020
- » France and Germany with a Joint Project for the Production of Batteries for Next-Generation Electric Vehicles
- » Ryanair to Lay Off nearly 700 Employees while the Company's Boss Could Get $ 111 Million Bonus
- » Cybersecurity in China is a Business Worth $ 8.9 billion