Frankfurt-Sofia Flight Cancelled over Lufthansa Strike
Lufthansa flight Sofia-Frankfurt departing at 2 p.m. Sofia time (1200 GMT) has been cancelled due to a strike at the German air carrier, Sofia Airport authorities announced on Friday.
The flight will take place at 7 a.m. on Saturday.
Frankfurt-Sofia flight scheduled for arrival at 8.15 p.m. on Friday will also be cancelled.
The flight to Bulgaria's capital is among the 290 flights cancelled by Lufthansa on Friday as cabin crew workers went on strike at Frankfurt and Duesseldorf airports over pay and pension conditions. The cancellations included 23 intercontinental flights. Overall, about 37,500 passengers were affected, Lufthansa said.
Flights to and from Munich were not affected by the strike on Friday, the company said.
German labour union UFO has said the protest action would target different airports over the course of the next seven days if the demands for better pay and pension conditions wer not met.
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Produced 13% of the Country's Electricity since the State of Emergency’s onset
- » Rosatom Launches 3D Printed Valves for Pulmonary Ventilation
- » The Grand Canyon National Park Closed because of the Coronavirus
- » Petrol Stations: The Fuel Consumption Dropped by between 40 and 80% because of the State of Emergency
- » The Total Business Climate Indicator Decreases by 3.7 Percentage Points in Comparison with February
- » Bulgaria’s Government Proposes Budget Update, Increase in Debt Ceiling