Bulgaria Ranks among Europe's Worst Healthcare Spenders
Bulgaria has ranked low in terms of smart healthcare spending, recent data shows.
An infographic using figures by the Economist intelligence unit's Healthcare Outcomes Index 2014, prepared by MEDIGO, shows Bulgaria, Slovakia, Denmark, Estonia and Latvia are evaluated at 3 out of 9 (1 is "poor", 5 "satisfactory", 10 "excellent").
In Europe, only Hungary, Lithuania, and Russia have performed worse (2 out of 10).
The data reflects how effectively money is spent on healthcare. World results place the US, Russia and Brazil (but also nations like Norway with a supposedly well-developed healthcare system) much behind China, ranked 8 out of 9.
- » 120 Children in Romania are in a Hospital with Symptoms of Food Poisoning
- » About 30% of Bulgarians who have Suffered a Heart Attack Continue to Smoke
- » British Prisoners Renovated Wheelchairs for Sofia Hospital "Pirogov"
- » Congo Announces 11 New Confirmed Ebola Cases
- » Over 145,000 Families in Bulgaria have Reproductive Problems
- » Sadiq Khan to Ban Junk Food Advertising on London Transport to Tackle Child Obesity