Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Concludes Season with Defeat in Paris
The best Bulgarian male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov suffered a defeat to David Ferrer at the 1/8 final of the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris on Thursday.
Dimitrov was defeated 7:6 (4), 1:6, 4:6 in a contested match which lasted two hours and twenty minutes.
The Bulgarian managed to claim the first set after achieving a mini-break in the tie-break and establishing a comfortable lead.
In the second set, Ferrer recorded three breaks and had no trouble equalising the score.
In the final set, Dimitrov recorded a break early on and came in the lead with 3:1.
However he conceded a break and allowed the Spanish to equalise for 3:3.
Ferrer claimed the final victory after achieving a break in the tenth game of the third set.
Thus Dimitrov concluded his season without managing to claim any titles, which is in stark contrast with his performance in 2014 when he won three titles on three different surfaces and reached his first Grand Slam semi-final.
The last performance of the Bulgarian for the season will be an exhibition match against Gael Monfils, which is scheduled to take place at the Arena Armeec hall in Sofia on November 28.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How New Technologies Help Sport Fans Around the World
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs
- » Online Casinos: Top Reasons Why Casinos Are The Best In The UK