Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Concludes Season with Defeat in Paris
The best Bulgarian male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov suffered a defeat to David Ferrer at the 1/8 final of the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris on Thursday.
Dimitrov was defeated 7:6 (4), 1:6, 4:6 in a contested match which lasted two hours and twenty minutes.
The Bulgarian managed to claim the first set after achieving a mini-break in the tie-break and establishing a comfortable lead.
In the second set, Ferrer recorded three breaks and had no trouble equalising the score.
In the final set, Dimitrov recorded a break early on and came in the lead with 3:1.
However he conceded a break and allowed the Spanish to equalise for 3:3.
Ferrer claimed the final victory after achieving a break in the tenth game of the third set.
Thus Dimitrov concluded his season without managing to claim any titles, which is in stark contrast with his performance in 2014 when he won three titles on three different surfaces and reached his first Grand Slam semi-final.
The last performance of the Bulgarian for the season will be an exhibition match against Gael Monfils, which is scheduled to take place at the Arena Armeec hall in Sofia on November 28.
- » It's Official - Dimitar Berbatov Announced the End of His Football Career
- » The End of an Era! Roger Federer Announced He Is Considering a Retirement
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in Stockholm on October 14
- » Kubrat Pulev Is at the Top of Professional Boxing!
- » EU Volleyball Tournament: Bulgaria Triumphs over Portugal
- » Bulgarian FA Incensed by Southgate's Racism Claims