Death Toll in Romanian Nightclub Fire Rises to 30
Romanian prosecutors questioned on Monday the three owners of the Colectiv nightclub in Bucharest over a fire that has killed 30 people and left injured at least 180 others, AP reported.
The owners are suspected of manslaughter and involuntary bodily harm. The fire engulfed the basement club on Friday night after a spark from stage pyrotechnics ignited foam decor during the performance of a heavy-metal band. A stampede followed when people tried to escape through the single exit door.
Most of the victims have died from inhaling smoke. About 90 people remained hospitalized in critical or serious condition as of Monday afternoon, some of them with severe burns.
The incident has raised serious questions about fire regulations and safety procedures in Romania.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: We may Not Get a New Proposal
- » Belgrade: The Creation of the Serbian World is a Process that Cannot be Stopped
- » Former Albanian PM: The Bulgarian Veto does Not Block us, Rama is to Blame
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister Explained why Skopje Opposes the "French Proposal"
- » After the Western Balkans Meeting: There is Still 50% Chance of a Deal with Bulgaria
- » PM of North Macedonia in Brussels: The French Proposal is Unacceptable in this Version