Grenade Launcher Shooting: Sofia Police Find Car of Attackers
The vehicle used by the attackers who fired at ex-security agent Alexei Petrov using grenade launchers has been found, police say.
Reports suggest the car was found near the site of the incident.
The attackers are still being sought.
The Bulgarian National Radio quotes sources close the investigation as saying that the grenade launchers, RPG-22, were made in Bulgaria. The weapons were manufactured at the VMZ Sopot military plant. Police discovered the launchers earlier on Friday morning.
Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova meanwhile told public TV that her institution was actively working on the incident but was careful about disclosing any details that could affect the investigation.
Thursday's shooting was the second attempt on Petrov's life after 2002, when he was heavily wounded at another site near the same neighborhood.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Magnitude 6,2 Earthquake Shook Indonesia, Dead and Injured Reported
- » Another Earthquake in Croatia
- » Magnitude 4,4 Earthquake Rocked Greece This Night
- » Bulgaria: Two Municipalities in Rhodopes Declare State of Emergency, Rains Don’t Stop
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister: Real Winter Coming on Friday, Stay Alert
- » State of Emergency Declared in Many Regions of Bulgaria, Heavy Rains Caused Massive Power Outage