Bulgarian Badminton Players Achieve Record Standing in Women's Doubles Ranking
Bulgarian badminton players Gabriela Stoeva and Stefani Stoeva achieved a record standing in the latest women's doubles ranking of the Badminton World Federation (BWF) released on Thursday.
Stoevi sisters climbed one position from their previous ranking and currently occupy the 13th place with 46 030 points.
The Bulgarians are having a successful season having so far won a total of six tournaments since the beginning of the year.
Stoevi sisters claimed the championship titles in the Orleans International, the Spanish International, the Russian Open, the Babolat Bulgarian International and the Yonex Dutch Open.
They also claimed the gold medals at the First European Games, which were held in Baku in June.
The Bulgarians have the third highest ranking among European players, being preceded only by the representatives of Denmark and the Netherlands.
Stoevi sisters have retained their chances of qualifying for the 2016 Olympic Games, which are to take place in Rio de Janeiro next year.
At present, they are competing at the Bitburger Badminton Open, which is taking place in Saarbrucken.
The Bulgarians proceeded to the second round after defeating Amelia Alicia Anscelly and Fie Cho Soong from Indonesia in the opening round on Wednesday.
On Thursday, Stoevi are to face Kate Robertshaw and Sophie Brown from England.
- » Bulgaria Join Medal Table on Junior Swimming Championships 2019
- » Ivet Lalova with a Second Gold Medal in the Super League of Turkey's Athletics Club
- » The "Golden Girls" of Bulgaria with Gold Medals from the World Challenge Cup
- » China Wins Women's Doubles at ITTF World Tour in Bulgaria
- » Brazil, Bulgaria Win First Matches at Men's Volleyball Olympic Qualification in Varna
- » Changes in Traffic Around National Stadium Due to CSKA - Zorya Luhansk match