Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Nadal in Basel
Grigor Dimitrov, Bulgaria's best male tennis player, was defeated by Rafael Nadal (Spain) in the second round of at ATP 500 tournament in Basel, Switzerland.
Dimitrov lost on Wednesday evening 4:6, 6:4, 3:6.
In the first two sets, he managed to reach 4:0 before Nadal caught up.
This is Nadal's seventh, out of seven, defeat over Dimitrov.
The Bulgarian player, however, has also been going through hard times over the past year, sinking from #10 to #28 since last summer.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Second in the Current Ranking of the World Chess Championship
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics