Bulgaria's Poverty Line Set to Increase to BGN 300 in 2016
The official poverty line in Bulgaria is set to increase to BGN 300 in 2016.
The government is expected to approve the change at its regular meeting on Wednesday, Darik radio informs.
In his last statement, Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov, said that Christmas bonuses will be allocated to pensions below BGN 300.
A total of BGN 52 M will be needed for the allocation of Christmas bonuses.
The cabinet is also expected to approve the allocation of BGN 20 M for the increase of the salaries of teachers from October 1.
Salaries will increase by BGN 70 for all staff employed at schools, including principals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Deputy PM Tomislav Donchev and BICA Discuss How to Effective Invest EU Funds in the Bulgarian Economy
- » Bulgarian Fibank Increases Its Capital
- » NSSI Bulgaria: More than 2 Million Retirees with Increased Amount of Pensions
- » IMF's Kristalina Georgieva: Virus Crisis Could Ultimately Test $1 Trillion War Chest
- » Why Bulgarians Take Quick Loans?
- » Bulgaria: VAT for Restaurants, Books and Baby Goods Becomes 9% from July 1