Bulgaria's Poverty Line Set to Increase to BGN 300 in 2016
The official poverty line in Bulgaria is set to increase to BGN 300 in 2016.
The government is expected to approve the change at its regular meeting on Wednesday, Darik radio informs.
In his last statement, Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov, said that Christmas bonuses will be allocated to pensions below BGN 300.
A total of BGN 52 M will be needed for the allocation of Christmas bonuses.
The cabinet is also expected to approve the allocation of BGN 20 M for the increase of the salaries of teachers from October 1.
Salaries will increase by BGN 70 for all staff employed at schools, including principals.
- » The United States Owes the UN $ 491 Million
- » The 2020 State Social Security Budget - Adopted
- » The Minimum Retirement Pension Rises to BGN 250 from July 1
- » Standard & Poor Upgraded Sofia's Long-Term Credit Rating
- » Minister Goranov: Bulgaria Has the Highest Credit Rating in the Balkans
- » Finding the Right Investment for Your Money