1128 Bulgarian Settlements to Elect Mayors in Run-offs – Election Commission
A total of 1128 Bulgarian settlements will elect theiry mayors in run-offs after candidates failed to win majority at the first round of the local elections held on Sunday.
This was announced by the spokesperson of the Central Election Commission (CIK), Tsvetozar Tomov, on Tuesday.
The run-offs will determine the mayors of 970 settlements, 133 mayors of municipalities and 25 district mayors in the three largest Bulgarian cities – Sofia, Plovdiv and Varna.
According to Tomov, a minimum possibility still exists that the number of run-offs might change as 1.5 % of the ballot papers from Sofia have not been processed yet.
Half of Bulgaria's regional centers will elect their mayors in run-offs as there were no winners in Plovdiv, Pleven, Sliven, Dobrich, Shumen, Pernik, Haskovo, Pazardzhik, Vratsa, Vidin, Targovishte, Lovech, Silistra and Razgrad.
The two parties constituting the coalition government – GERB and the Reformist Bloc (RB) agreed to mutually support one another in settlements where their candidates are not directly facing each other in the run-offs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend