Bulgarian Police Arrests 106 Illegal Immigrants Across Country
Bulgarian police arrested 106 illegal immigrants across the country in the past 24 hours, the press service of the interior ministry informed on Tuesday.
A total of 54 foreign citizens were detained on the territory of Sofia in three separate police operations.
None of the arrested foreigners in the capital was in the possession of identity documents.
Only two of them identified themselves as being Syrian citizens, all of the remaining claiming to be from Afghanistan.
In another operation, 24 illegal immigrants identifying themselves as coming from Syria and Iraq were detained near the airport of Stara Zagora.
The group consisted of 12 men, 7 women and 5 children.
The authorities also detained two vehicles and their drivers from the town of Sredets, who are suspicted of transporting the foreigners.
Another 28 foreigners claiming to be Afghani citizens were arrested in the town of Montana early on Tuesday.
Nineteen of them presented documents from the State Agency for Refugees (DAB), while the remaining nine had no identity documents.
The driver of the cargo vehicle in which the immigrants were being transported was also detained.
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.