Bulgaria Overwhelmingly Says 'Yes' to E-Voting in Referendum - Poll
Bulgarian voters have backed in a referendum the introduction of remote online voting with a resounding 70.6% backing the step, a poll by Alpha Research agency shows.
Some 26.6% of the voters have said "No", according to the same poll.
Final results are not to be expected until hours later.
If current figures by polling agencies are confirmed, however, the results, despite not being binding, will send the e-voting proposal to Parliament which will have to take it for consideration.
To make the outcome binding, the referendum should have a voter activity of about 3.5 million people. A turnout of over 20% of eligible voters puts it on MPs' agenda.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Extraordinary Measures: Bulgaria Proposes Lockdown, Closes Schools, Restaurants, Malls
- » Sofia Ranks 13th by Air Pollution in the World
- » First Snow Will Fall over Bulgaria on 21 November
- » Bulgaria: BSP Proposes Progressive Income Tax and 10% Tax Rate for Incomes up to BGN 3,900
- » LIVE, Health Minister of Bulgaria: Either We Observe the Measures or Move to Stricter Ones
- » Bulgaria: BGN 15,000 Fine for Hiding Incomes Abroad