Bulgaria Overwhelmingly Says 'Yes' to E-Voting in Referendum - Poll
Bulgarian voters have backed in a referendum the introduction of remote online voting with a resounding 70.6% backing the step, a poll by Alpha Research agency shows.
Some 26.6% of the voters have said "No", according to the same poll.
Final results are not to be expected until hours later.
If current figures by polling agencies are confirmed, however, the results, despite not being binding, will send the e-voting proposal to Parliament which will have to take it for consideration.
To make the outcome binding, the referendum should have a voter activity of about 3.5 million people. A turnout of over 20% of eligible voters puts it on MPs' agenda.
- » The Bulgarian Government Proposes to Unify all of the Administration's Websites
- » Sofia Mayor: There is Still Much to be Done About the Safety of Children on the Internet
- » New Traffic Jam Forms in Sofia Because of the Construction of the Third Subway Line
- » Bulgaria Remains at 111th Place on Media Freedom in the World
- » Experts Have Called For a Eeduction in the Politicization of the Energy Sector
- » Alexander Manolev Resigned as Deputy Minister of Economy