Bulgaria Overwhelmingly Says 'Yes' to E-Voting in Referendum - Poll
Bulgarian voters have backed in a referendum the introduction of remote online voting with a resounding 70.6% backing the step, a poll by Alpha Research agency shows.
Some 26.6% of the voters have said "No", according to the same poll.
Final results are not to be expected until hours later.
If current figures by polling agencies are confirmed, however, the results, despite not being binding, will send the e-voting proposal to Parliament which will have to take it for consideration.
To make the outcome binding, the referendum should have a voter activity of about 3.5 million people. A turnout of over 20% of eligible voters puts it on MPs' agenda.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend