Bulgaria Switches to Winter Time
Bulgaria changed to winter time on 04:00 EEST October 25, with clocks going back to 03:00 (EET).
The country has adopted daylight saving time alongside Europe, advancing clocks in the summer to make better use of evening daylight.
Every year, however, there are voices calling for the practice to be abandoned, arguing the initial idea (to help save electricity and also to help some businesses and sports events) does not serve its goal so much as affect Circadian rhythms and disrupt sleep patterns.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Partial State of Emergency has been Declared in the Karlovo villages of Karavelovo and Bogdan
- » Bulgaria: Kilometer-Long Queues and Broken-Down Trucks during Heavy Snowfall at the "Predel" Pass
- » Bulgaria: People with Disabilities can receive up to BGN 20,000 to Start their Own Business
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 53 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Drive your Cars prepared for Winter Conditions
- » Bulgaria: Orange Code for Snow in 4 Regions for Tomorrow