Bulgarian Trade Union to Join UK’s CWU Convoy with Aid for Refugees in Turkey
The Confederation of the Independent Trade Unions in Bulgaria (CITUB) will join an initiative of the UK’s Communication Workers Union to provide humanitarian aid to refugees in Turkey ahead of the coming winther.
A convoy of Royal Mail trucks will set out on a 3,000-kilometer long journey across Europe from Birmingham to Istanbul on October 30. It will carry warm clothes and items for babies and toddlers, toiletries and other essential items, CITUB said on Saturday.
A vehicle carrying much needed supplies donated by CITUB members will join the convoy which is expected to arrive in Sofia late on November 2.
- » The Number of Surgeries in Bulgaria is Growing
- » 41% of Bulgarians do not Trust NATO
- » Bulgarian Climber Atanas Skatov will Try to Climb Seventh Peak over 8000m
- » Survey: Almost 1.4 million People in the EU Will Become Cancer Victims in 2019
- » Paris is Now the Most Expensive City in the World
- » The Bulgarian National Museum of History Displays Rare Exhibits to Celebrate 140 Years of the Constituent Assembly