Authorities Detain 43 Illegal Immigrants Near Bulgaria's Radnevo
Bulgarian authorities detained on Wednesday 43 illegal immigrants at the dam near the village of Topolyane, located in the municipality of Radnevo.
None of them was in the possession of identity documents and they identified themselves as refugees coming from Afghanistan and Pakistan.
All of the illegal immigrants were men, aged between 18 and 35 years and there were four minors among them, private bTV station informs.
They have been detained at police departments in Radnevo and Stara Zagora.
They behaved peacefully and calmly without putting up any resistance to police officers, only complaining of hunger.
Last night some of them had spoken with the policemen in English before a Pashto interpreter arrived on Thursday.
They explained that they had moved on foot from the border with Turkey to Topolyane, a distance of about 70-80 kilometres.
They did not know the people who had aided them to cross the border, but described them as men wearing masks and black clothes.
- » White Brotherhood of Bulgaria Gather for Supernatural-like Ritual near Rila Lakes
- » The Fire in the Old Landfill in Svishtov is Under Control, Crews on Site are Monitoring the Situation
- » This Year Bulgaria has Allocated BGN 70 Million for Reclamation of Old Landfills
- » Global Game Industry is Stepping into Bulgaria
- » Carriers will be Able to Test the TOL System
- » A New Case of African Swine Fever in Plovdiv and Lovech