Authorities Detain 43 Illegal Immigrants Near Bulgaria's Radnevo
Bulgarian authorities detained on Wednesday 43 illegal immigrants at the dam near the village of Topolyane, located in the municipality of Radnevo.
None of them was in the possession of identity documents and they identified themselves as refugees coming from Afghanistan and Pakistan.
All of the illegal immigrants were men, aged between 18 and 35 years and there were four minors among them, private bTV station informs.
They have been detained at police departments in Radnevo and Stara Zagora.
They behaved peacefully and calmly without putting up any resistance to police officers, only complaining of hunger.
Last night some of them had spoken with the policemen in English before a Pashto interpreter arrived on Thursday.
They explained that they had moved on foot from the border with Turkey to Topolyane, a distance of about 70-80 kilometres.
They did not know the people who had aided them to cross the border, but described them as men wearing masks and black clothes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend