Bulgaria's Border Police Instructs Hunters on Dealing with Refugees
Bulgarian border police has instructed hunters on the actions they should take in case they stumble across refugees.
This was stated by Venko Kalinchev, the secretary of the hunting and fishing association Elen (Deer) based in the town of Kyustendil, in an interview for Darik radio on Thursday.
Kalinchev said that hunters had information on groups of refugees appearing in the region surrounding the village of Treklyano in the province of Kyustendil.
He explained that in case hunters detect refugees, they do not have the right to detain them, but rather have to submit a signal to border police.
The hunters are concerned with the sudden appearance of people during hunting and therefore they are instructed to shoot only at clearly visible targets and to estimate the trajectory of the bullets fired.
Until now several groups of refugees have been uncovered after being reported by hunters in the region surrounding the village of Dolno Kobile.
A hunting party from southeastern Bulgaria detected a group of fifty illegal immigrants near the country's border with Turkey over the weekend.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Who Is Who in Proposed Bulgarian Government
- » GERB Party will not Support a Cabinet Proposed by There is such a people party
- » Caretaker Financial Minister Vassilev: We Continue Our Work
- » Bulgaria: Plamen Nikolov is the Candidate for Prime Minister of ITN
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev Hands Over the Mandate to ITN at 5 PM Today
- » There Is Such a People Levelled Serious Accusations against Caretaker Finance Minister Assen Vassilev