Bulgarian PM Backs Reelection of Joseph Daul as EPP President
Bulgarian Prime Minister and GERB leader Boyko Borisov expressed support on Wednesday for the reelection of Joseph Daul as president of the European People's Party (EPP).
Borisov is heading a delegation of Bulgaria's main ruling party to the XXIII Congress of EPP, which is taking place in Madrid on Wednesday and Thursday.
The delegates of GERB were firm in their support for Daul as throughout the years he has proven himself as a capable leader and big friend of Bulgaria, daily Dnevnik informs.
Daul, who has served as EPP president since 2013, was reelected to a three-year mandate on Wednesday.
Out of the 578 valid votes cast, 555 EPP delegates voted in favour of Daul's reelection, wit only 23 being against.
Upon his reelection, Daul nominated Antonio Lopez-Isturiz to another mandate as secretary general of EPP.
In Madrid, GERB is represented by the party's six MEPs as well as the chairpersons of the women's, entrepreneurs', youth and elders' formations of the party.
The Bulgarian delegation is completed by the deputy chairperson of the parliamentary group of GERB, several MPs and the party's international secretary.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Juncker Plan: EIAH to Provide Support for New Specialised Children's Hospital in Bulgaria
- » European Commission Invests €1 Billion in Innovative Clean Technology Projects
- » Bulgaria Will Apply For EUR 500 Million of EU for Supporting 60/40 Measure
- » Official: EU Opens Borders to 14 Third Countries
- » Quarantine and PCR Tests for Bulgarians in Several EU countries
- » EC: New Notification by Bulgaria is Required for Construction of Belene NPP