Bulgarian PM Backs Reelection of Joseph Daul as EPP President
Bulgarian Prime Minister and GERB leader Boyko Borisov expressed support on Wednesday for the reelection of Joseph Daul as president of the European People's Party (EPP).
Borisov is heading a delegation of Bulgaria's main ruling party to the XXIII Congress of EPP, which is taking place in Madrid on Wednesday and Thursday.
The delegates of GERB were firm in their support for Daul as throughout the years he has proven himself as a capable leader and big friend of Bulgaria, daily Dnevnik informs.
Daul, who has served as EPP president since 2013, was reelected to a three-year mandate on Wednesday.
Out of the 578 valid votes cast, 555 EPP delegates voted in favour of Daul's reelection, wit only 23 being against.
Upon his reelection, Daul nominated Antonio Lopez-Isturiz to another mandate as secretary general of EPP.
In Madrid, GERB is represented by the party's six MEPs as well as the chairpersons of the women's, entrepreneurs', youth and elders' formations of the party.
The Bulgarian delegation is completed by the deputy chairperson of the parliamentary group of GERB, several MPs and the party's international secretary.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » DW: Boyko Borissov Claims He Copes with Pandemic Best of All - Is it True?
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister to Take Part in Video Conference of European Council
- » EC: Bulgaria Breaches EU Regulations on Racism and Xenophobia
- » Minister of Economy: Bulgaria Boasts Excellent Macroeconomic Indicators despite Pandemic
- » Bulgaria’s Premier: We Will Overcome Pandemic First in EU
- » EC Forecast for Bulgarian Economy: GDP Growth by 2,7 Percent in 2021, 4,9 in 2022