Juncker Summons Leaders' Meeting Over Refugee Crisis Along Western Balkans Route
European Commission President Jean Claude-Juncker summoned on Wednesday a leaders' meeting in view of the unfolding emergency in the countries along the Western Balkans migratory route.
The meeting, which will be held at the level of Heads of State or Government, is scheduled to take place in Brussels on Sunday.
The leaders will address the need for greater cooperation, more extensive consultation and immediate operational action.
The goal of the meeting is to agree on common operational conclusions which could be implemented immediately, the press service of the European Commission informs.
The meeting is expected to be attended by the Heads of State or Government of Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Romania, Serbia and Slovenia.
European Council President Donald Tusk, the Luxembourg Presidency of the Council of the EU and the UN High Commissioner for Refugees were also invited to participate in the meeting.
Representatives of the European Asylum Support Office (EASO) and Frontex are also expected to attend the meeting.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2024: The EU will Run out of Money for Ukraine
- » The European Commission approved 77 Million Euros in State Aid for Areas with High Unemployment in Bulgaria
- » The VP of the European Parliament: Bulgaria has done its Homework for Schengen
- » EU Commission announced 4 Criminal Procedures against Bulgaria
- » Eurozone Annual Inflation slows sharply in May to 6.1%
- » The Council of the EU approved the Istanbul Convention