Juncker Summons Leaders' Meeting Over Refugee Crisis Along Western Balkans Route
European Commission President Jean Claude-Juncker summoned on Wednesday a leaders' meeting in view of the unfolding emergency in the countries along the Western Balkans migratory route.
The meeting, which will be held at the level of Heads of State or Government, is scheduled to take place in Brussels on Sunday.
The leaders will address the need for greater cooperation, more extensive consultation and immediate operational action.
The goal of the meeting is to agree on common operational conclusions which could be implemented immediately, the press service of the European Commission informs.
The meeting is expected to be attended by the Heads of State or Government of Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Romania, Serbia and Slovenia.
European Council President Donald Tusk, the Luxembourg Presidency of the Council of the EU and the UN High Commissioner for Refugees were also invited to participate in the meeting.
Representatives of the European Asylum Support Office (EASO) and Frontex are also expected to attend the meeting.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » From 1 February: Green certificates over 9 months become invalid for travel in Europe
- » Germany with new rules for people arriving from Bulgaria
- » The Austrian government has presented a bill on mandatory vaccination against COVID-19
- » The French Senate has approved Tighter Restrictions on the Unvaccinated
- » From Today the "Super Green Certificate" is Valid for almost all Activities in Italy
- » The EC Supports Macron in Introducing Vaccination Passes