Border Police Halts 13 Groups of Migrants Trying to Cross into Bulgaria
Bulgarian border police authorities said on Wednesday they had prevented a total of 13 groups of migrants from entering Bulgaria in 24 hours.
Two of the groups had tried to cross into the country from Greece, near the Novo Selo border crossing point in Southeastern Bulgaria.
Among the 256 people who sought to enter, some were hidden in cargo vehicles. In two such developments, drivers were arrested after migrants with no documents were found in their respective cargo compartments.
This comes amid increased migratory pressure at Bulgaria's border with Turkey and, more recently, Greece.
Last week a migrant died in an incident involving border police officers, some 30 km into Bulgarian territory.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Three Police Officers of Bulgarian Origin Were Injured in the US Riots
- » In Varna Student Who Killed his Father Was Found Guilty
- » Development: More Arrested for Illegal Import of Waste from Italy
- » AP: More Than 360 kg of Cocaine were Found in an Apartment in Sofia
- » Say My Name: People Outraged over the Death of George Floyd - Unarmed Black Man Killed by Police
- » Plovdiv: A 16 Year Old Boy Was Kidnapped. The Kidnappers Were Found