Border Police Halts 13 Groups of Migrants Trying to Cross into Bulgaria
Bulgarian border police authorities said on Wednesday they had prevented a total of 13 groups of migrants from entering Bulgaria in 24 hours.
Two of the groups had tried to cross into the country from Greece, near the Novo Selo border crossing point in Southeastern Bulgaria.
Among the 256 people who sought to enter, some were hidden in cargo vehicles. In two such developments, drivers were arrested after migrants with no documents were found in their respective cargo compartments.
This comes amid increased migratory pressure at Bulgaria's border with Turkey and, more recently, Greece.
Last week a migrant died in an incident involving border police officers, some 30 km into Bulgarian territory.
- » Former Counter-intelligence Expert is Convinced the Terrorist from New Zealand had Contacts with Bulgarians
- » The Police Found Dead the Man who Killed his Wife in Botevgrad
- » Murder in Botevgrad: Man Suspected of Stabbing his Wife to Death
- » Norwegian Student Stabbed a Teacher and Three Other School Officials
- » Bulgarian Citizen Attacked Passersby and Policeman in a Park in Rome
- » Bulgarian Customs Officials Seized 7200 Liters of Alcohol in Cans Packaged as Coconut Milk