Border Police Halts 13 Groups of Migrants Trying to Cross into Bulgaria
Bulgarian border police authorities said on Wednesday they had prevented a total of 13 groups of migrants from entering Bulgaria in 24 hours.
Two of the groups had tried to cross into the country from Greece, near the Novo Selo border crossing point in Southeastern Bulgaria.
Among the 256 people who sought to enter, some were hidden in cargo vehicles. In two such developments, drivers were arrested after migrants with no documents were found in their respective cargo compartments.
This comes amid increased migratory pressure at Bulgaria's border with Turkey and, more recently, Greece.
Last week a migrant died in an incident involving border police officers, some 30 km into Bulgarian territory.
- » The Young Bulgarian who Disappeared in the UK was Found Dead
- » 383 kg of Drugs Seized by Bulgarian Customs have been Burned
- » Interpol Saved 50 Children from a Pedophile Ring
- » Five illegal Migrants Caught Attempting to Cross the Danube
- » Man Shot his Ex-Wife in Shumen
- » 29 Guest Houses in Kyustendil Area Inspected by Economic Police