Bulgaria to Sign Deal for MiG-29s Repair with Poland on Oct 22
Bulgaria will sign a deal for the repair of the engines of its Russian-made MiG-29 fighter jets with Poland on Thursday, the Defence Ministry in Sofia announced on Tuesday.
Bulgaria’s Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev and his Polish counterpart Tomasz Siemoniak will sign an intergovernmental agreement for providing logistics support to MiG-29 aircraft in Warsaw, the Defence Ministry said in a statement.
Nenchev will leave for a two-day official visit to Poland on Wednesday, the ministry said.
The Russian manufacturer of the warplanes, RSK MiG, has said that Russia will discontinue the maintenance of Bulgarian Air Force MiG-29s, if the government in Sofia signs a deal with Poland for the repair of their engines.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Consul in Zaporizhzhia turned out to be a Russian Collaborator
- » Russia wants Bulgaria to Reconsider its Decision to hand over S-300 Missiles to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria approved to send Defective S-300 Missiles to Ukraine
- » Providing Defective S-300 Missiles to Ukraine will Not Endanger the Bulgarian Air Defense
- » Defense Minister: Bulgaria will Continue to Support Ukraine in accordance with our National Capabilities
- » Bulgaria: The Explosive attached to the Drone found in Tyulenovo has been Neutralized