Bulgaria’s Road Building Agency Gets Nod to Sign Deals for 5.5 Km of Kalotina Motorway
Bulgaria’s Road Infrastructure Agency (RIA) received the green light from the government on Tuesday to hire contractors for the construction of a section of a motorway that will link Sofia with Kalotina crossing on the border with Serbia.
The government's consent will enable RIA to launch the construction of Lot 2 of the western curve of Sofia Ring Road prior to a final decision for the approval of project financing by the European Commission.
The project is eligible to apply for financing under Operational Programme Transport and Transport Infrastructure 2014-2020, the cabinet said in a statement.
Bulgaria needs a EU grant of BGN 133.5 M (EUR 68.2 M), VAT included, to build Lot 2, of which BGN 7.4 M is funding under Operational programme Transport 2007-2013 and BGN 126 M under Operational Programme Transport and Transport Infrastructure 2014-2020.
Lot 2 involves the construction of 5.53 km of new road with three junctions and two railroad crossings.
- » Bulgarian Farmers are Preparing to Protest over Changes in Farmland Law
- » Bulgarian Sauvignon Blanc Received an International Award
- » Bulgarian Farmers will Receive an Additional BGN 700,000 for Insurances
- » Turkey will Produce its Own Vehicle
- » Ukraine and Bulgaria will Build an International Road
- » Power Distributors in Bulgaria Seek 8% - 20% Increase in Prices of Electricity