Bulgarian Authorities Establish Identity of Afghan Migrant Shot Near Border
Bulgarian authorities have established the identity of the Afghan migrant, who died near the country's frontier with Turkey after a bullet fired by a border police officer ricocheted and hit him.
His name was Bismillah and according to the testimonies of the other migrants from the group he was familiar with the route.
During the interrogations, the Afghan citizens admitted that their final destination was Germany or Switzerland, the Bulgarian National Television (BNT) informs.
According to sources within the investigation, many of the Afghans had recordings on their mobile phones containing disturbing images of violence and brutalities.
The Afghans kept the recordings as a proof to authorities in Europe that their existence in Afghanistan is threatened and hence they are not economic immigrants.
The incident occurred near the town of Sredets late on Thursday when border police detected the movement of 54 people who had illegally entered the country.
One of the border police officers fired a warning shot after the migrants had reportedly resisted being detained.
The bullet ricocheted off a bridge and hit one of the migrants in the back of the neck.
He later died of his wounds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Passengers refused to get off a Plane that landed in Varna instead of Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Car-Crash with Two Dead on the road Ruse-Byala
- » Bulgaria: New Bomb Threats sent to Schools in Sofia - Author says he is a Russian Nationalist
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash with Migrants near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Man Died after being Hit by a Freight Train in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: A 12-year-old Child caught Driving at 120 km/h on Trakia Highway