Bulgarian Police Detain 29 Migrants in Sofia Neighborhood
A group of 29 migrants traveling in a bus were detained in the Sofia neighborhood of Bankya on Saturday, police say.
The driver, a 34-year-old Bulgarian man, has also been arrested.
The Interior Ministry reports that none of the men had proper documents, but some told police they were from Syria, while other pointed to Afghanistan.
Migrants are now likely to be accommodated in either the Interior Ministry's temporary centers or at those of the State Agency for Refugees.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: There is a Suspect for the Bomb Threats - Emails were sent to 102 Schools across the country
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak