Bulgaria Has Fifth Highest EU Funds Absorption Rate – EU Commission Vice-President
European Commission Vice-President Kristalina Georgieva announced on Wednesday that Bulgaria ranks fifth in the absorption of EU funds.
Georgieva said this during the opening of the exhibition “Varna – The Oldest Gold Treasure” in the building of the European Parliament in Brussels, which shows 7000-year-old golden objects discovered in Bulgaria.
Several days ago, the European Commission Vice-President stated that Bulgaria had the eighth highest EU funds absorption rate.
However the latest figures from Wednesday showed further improvements in Bulgarian indicators, which put the country into fifth position.
Georgieva commended the government and the state for their efforts on improving the management of EU funds, Darik radio informs.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, who was among the honorary guests of the exhibition along with the presidents of the European Council, European Commission and European Parliament, also commented on the matter.
According to him, this was a clear recognition for the expert and administrative potential of the state and municipalities.
In his words, this achievement belonged to all Bulgarian governments which had contributed to the better management of EU funds.
Borisov added that the EU funds are entering the Bulgarian economy and are serving the interests of Bulgarian citizens.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria