American English Academy in Sofia Opens Doors to Visiting Students
The American English Academy in Sofia will admit visiting students in the current 2015/2016 academic year.
Any child from 1st to 12th grade with a satisfactory level of proficiency in English and willing to spend some time in the international school can be a visiting student. Parents who are considering to enroll their children as regular students in the American English Academy often use this opportunity.
Visiting students are spending one school week at the Academy. They are admitted following consultations with the academic leadership of the school. These students attend regular classes that are appropriate for their age. There are following the same daily schedule as their peers who are regular students.
Children attend all classes, receive uniforms and textbooks for temporary use. Visiting students can be enrolled both in the international program and the bilingual teaching system. The classes in the international program last from 8.30 a.m. until 3.00 p.m. The classes in the bilingual system of teaching vary in duration depending on the age of the students but they also start at 8.30 am.
Visiting students pay a weekly fee of EUR 110 for breakfast and lunch prepared in the school kitchen.
The American English Academy is a private international school in which study about 200 students from 30 nationalities. A kindergarten for children older than three years of age operates as part of the school. All classes in the American-English Academy are held in English. Some of the teachers are from the United States.
The school also offers a bilingual teaching system for Bulgarian students. Students enrolled in this programme are taught in English and Bulgarian in parallel according to the Common Core U.S. educational standards and the national educational requirements established by Bulgaria’s Ministry of Education, respectively.
- » During the 2017/2018 School Year, 16,300 Students Left School
- » UNWE Announced it is under Threat of Bankruptcy
- » EU Commissioner Mariya Gabriel to Hold Discussions in Schools on Online Safety and Cyber Security
- » Fifty Top Companies and over 10,000 Students will Participate in this Year's Careers UNWE 2019 Forum
- » 53,000 Bulgarian High School Seniors Go to State Exams at the End of May
- » Over BGN 13 million Additional Funding Approved for Bulgarian Teachers' Transport Costs