Bulgaria Ranks Eighth in Absorption of EU Funds – EU Commission Vice-President
Bulgaria has the eighth highest EU funds absorption rate and for the first time the country ranks among the top ten in this respect.
This was announced by European Commission Vice-President Kristalina Georgieva on Sunday, private bTV station informs.
Since there is still time until the end of the year, she expressed hope that Bulgaria could climb further in the ranking.
According to her, this year Bulgaria is making full-fledged use of its EU membership as measured by the absorption rate of EU funds.
Georgieva noted that this year Bulgaria has added more than 4 % to its GDP from the absorption of EU funds and congratulated the government of the results.
In her words, the better absorption translated into better living conditions for Bulgarians, more employment and more opportunities for Bulgarian youth to communicate with friends from all over Europe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria