Turkey’s Anadolu Agency Photojournalist Killed in Syria
A photojournalist at Turkey’s Anadolu news agency has been killed in a suicide car bomb attack in Syria, the agency reported on Friday.
Saleh Mahmoud Laila, 27, was killed in the attack at a marketplace in the town of Huraytan, north of the city of Aleppo, carried out by the Islamic State group on Thursday, Anadolu Agency quoted Syrian civil defence officials as saying.
Laila was one of at least 20 victims of the explosion that also left dozens of people injured.
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu offered his condolences to the family of thephotojournalist, saying that “with his photos and stories,Saleh Mahmoud Laila has helped the tragedy in the region and the victims’ voices reach the world.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More than 3,500 Police Officers will provide Security in Athens during Pope Francis' Visit
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine