Turkey’s Anadolu Agency Photojournalist Killed in Syria
A photojournalist at Turkey’s Anadolu news agency has been killed in a suicide car bomb attack in Syria, the agency reported on Friday.
Saleh Mahmoud Laila, 27, was killed in the attack at a marketplace in the town of Huraytan, north of the city of Aleppo, carried out by the Islamic State group on Thursday, Anadolu Agency quoted Syrian civil defence officials as saying.
Laila was one of at least 20 victims of the explosion that also left dozens of people injured.
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu offered his condolences to the family of thephotojournalist, saying that “with his photos and stories,Saleh Mahmoud Laila has helped the tragedy in the region and the victims’ voices reach the world.”
- » BNR: Bulgaria and Croatia Disappointed with Delay of Accession Talks with Skopje and Tirana
- » Brexit Deadline Delayed
- » Boris Johnson: UK Will Leave the EU even if the Agreement Is Rejected
- » Erdogan Threatens to Continue the Offensive in Syria if the Terms of the Peace Agreement Are not Fully Fulfilled
- » A Man Disguised as Boris Johnson Tried to Climb Big Ben
- » New York Approved the Notorious Rikers Prison to Be Closed