Turkey’s Anadolu Agency Photojournalist Killed in Syria
A photojournalist at Turkey’s Anadolu news agency has been killed in a suicide car bomb attack in Syria, the agency reported on Friday.
Saleh Mahmoud Laila, 27, was killed in the attack at a marketplace in the town of Huraytan, north of the city of Aleppo, carried out by the Islamic State group on Thursday, Anadolu Agency quoted Syrian civil defence officials as saying.
Laila was one of at least 20 victims of the explosion that also left dozens of people injured.
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu offered his condolences to the family of thephotojournalist, saying that “with his photos and stories,Saleh Mahmoud Laila has helped the tragedy in the region and the victims’ voices reach the world.”
- » Canada Becomes First Major Economy to Legalize Recreational Cannabis
- » Russian Orthodox Church Cuts Ties with Constantinople
- » Opposition Leader and Putin Foe Navalny Released from Jail for Anti-Kremlin Protests
- » Google+ Shuts Down as Nearly Half a Million Accounts Compromised
- » ISS Astronauts Return to Earth Amid US-Russia Tensions
- » Interpol President Reported Missing During Trip to China