Turkey’s Anadolu Agency Photojournalist Killed in Syria
A photojournalist at Turkey’s Anadolu news agency has been killed in a suicide car bomb attack in Syria, the agency reported on Friday.
Saleh Mahmoud Laila, 27, was killed in the attack at a marketplace in the town of Huraytan, north of the city of Aleppo, carried out by the Islamic State group on Thursday, Anadolu Agency quoted Syrian civil defence officials as saying.
Laila was one of at least 20 victims of the explosion that also left dozens of people injured.
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu offered his condolences to the family of thephotojournalist, saying that “with his photos and stories,Saleh Mahmoud Laila has helped the tragedy in the region and the victims’ voices reach the world.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro
- » Day 170 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Children with Disabilities are Abused in Ukrainian Orphanages according to the UN
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up