Norway Closing Embassy in Sofia to Tighten Up Budget
Norway is closing several diplomatic missions around the globe, its embassy in Bulgaria included, the country's government has said.
At the same time Oslo is boosting its diplomatic presence in other places such as Haiti and southern India.
As of next year, "[t]he embassies in Astana (Kazakhstan), Sofia (Bulgaria), Lusaka (Zambia) and Harare (Zimbabwe) will close," a statement at the Norwegian government's website reads.
The news comes against the backdrop of an increase of Norwegian investment into Bulgaria over the past years.
Some EUR 126.6 M have been earmarked under Norway-Bulgaria programs for 2009-2016.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus