Ivan Krastev: 'Kremlin Is in Syria for Pedagogical Reasons'
The notion of Russia as a “spoiling power” is a popular sentiment these days in Washington, Ivan Krastev, chairman of Bulgaria-based Center for Liberal Strategies, writes in the The New York Times.
“Is Russia in Syria simply for the sport of watching a humiliated President Obama? Is damaging the value of American power the only purpose of Russia’s “spoiling”?, the author asks.
According to Krastev, Russia “is in Syria for pedagogical reasons”, trying “to teach Americans a lesson”.
What lesson? You can find out when you read here the whole opinion piece here.
- » Reuters: Bulgaria will take at least Three more Years to Join Euro Zone - EU's Dombrovskis
- » Industry Watch: Although Investments in Bulgaria are Increasing, after 2009 the Investment Activity is Weak
- » Amid Brexit and Rising Populism — There’s a European Country that’s Still Desperate to Join the Euro
- » What is the Origin of the Weirdest Bulgarian Expressions
- » Die Welt: The Italian Mafia Returns to Bulgaria and Romania
- » Politico: Europe fakes Turkish delight