Bulgarian Police Arrests 107 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
The police arrested 107 illegal immigrants in the Bulgarian capital Sofia, the press service of the interior ministry informs.
The first group consisting of 49 foreign citizens, including a woman and three children, were detained in the Moderno predgradie (Modern suburb) neighbourhood.
The illegal immigrants claimed to be citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Shortly after the first arrest, a second group of 58 men, claiming to be citizens of Afghanistan, were detained under the bridge near the Nadezhda overcrossing.
None of the detained foreigners carried identity documents.
All of them were taken to the district police departments for establishing their identity and taking further actions.
The police assured that its systematic operations on countering illegal immigration continue.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » No Vacation for Bulgarian Parliament
- » President Radev Starts Consultations over Formation of New Cabinet in Bulgaria
- » Parliament Discusses Dismissal of Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev
- » There is Such a People is Starting Negotiations to Form a Government
- » Iva Miteva from ITN Еlected National Assembly President Оnce Мore
- » Bulgarian President Ready for Consultations and Handing Government-forming Mandate