Bulgarian Police Arrests 107 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
The police arrested 107 illegal immigrants in the Bulgarian capital Sofia, the press service of the interior ministry informs.
The first group consisting of 49 foreign citizens, including a woman and three children, were detained in the Moderno predgradie (Modern suburb) neighbourhood.
The illegal immigrants claimed to be citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Shortly after the first arrest, a second group of 58 men, claiming to be citizens of Afghanistan, were detained under the bridge near the Nadezhda overcrossing.
None of the detained foreigners carried identity documents.
All of them were taken to the district police departments for establishing their identity and taking further actions.
The police assured that its systematic operations on countering illegal immigration continue.
- » Digital Card Guides Volunteers in 'Let's Clean Bulgaria Together' Campaign
- » Parking Lot at the Vasil Levski Stadium Metro Station Will be Open Within 2 Weeks
- » Will There be a Public-Private Partnership in Cybersecurity?
- » The Deadline For Submitting Bids For Cleaning Companies in Sofia Expires
- » White Brotherhood of Bulgaria Gather for Supernatural-like Ritual near Rila Lakes
- » The Fire in the Old Landfill in Svishtov is Under Control, Crews on Site are Monitoring the Situation