Uber Bulgaria Launches Online Petition to Renew Services
Car-hiring service Uber has started a petition calling on users to stand up for its right to remain active in the Bulgarian market, its website shows.
It explains[BG] the petition could send a strong message to the government demanding that it that citizens say "yes" to innovations, new regulations, and the right to choose.
Uber stopped offering rides earlier this week after a supreme court confirmed a ruling that it should pay a BGN 100 000 (EUR 50 000) fine and suspend activities over unfair competition.
The national competition watchdog CPC also says Uber's activities do not comply with Bulgarian legislation.
The company is now urging citizens to "support Uber in Sofia and the right to choice".
"We believe in your right to choose" as anti-monopoly watchdogs in Germany, Denmark, Norway, France, Italy and Finald do, the message also reads, nothing that the Commission for Protection of Competition in Bulgaria has nother opinion.
"We live in a new, technology-driven world. Regulations must eveolve so the the society could make use of innovations' efficiency. The need of new rules to reflect the technological developments of the 21st century is evident. The power to make this happen lies in the hands of our government, and the choice whether your voice should be hear is entirely up to you," the message goes on.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Minister of Economy: Bulgaria will get away with the Recession, there will be a sharp Drop in Inflation
- » Rakia & Spirits Fest Sofia 2022
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Higher than announced Price of Natural Gas for December
- » The Bulgarian National Bank has doubled the Main Interest Rate
- » Bulgaria returns to Growth of Brain Business Jobs in 2021
- » InterContinental Sofia - The Only Hotel in Bulgaria to receive a Green Key Certificate 2022