Bulgaria MPs to Discuss Access to Public Information
Lawmakers in Bulgaria's Parliament are set to debate on Tuesday proposed amendments to the Access to Public Information Act.
The changes put forward by the main ruling GERB party include the creation of an e-platform where access to information requests will be published, alongside respective rulings on them. An eased procedure for submitting requests is also under discussion.
The abovementioned steps have already become part of some EU countries' access to information practices.
Another section, however, also envisages the introduction of the so-called "statistical secret" - a concept which might bar institutions from granting access to sensitive data collected by the National Social Security Institute.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend