Bulgarian Railway Workers Find Abandoned Bag with 2.8kg of TNT near Tracks
Employees of the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) company found 2.8kg of TNT in a bag near the railway line Strazhitsa – Kesarevo, northeastern Bulgaria.
The railwaymen noticed an abandoned bag, which was found to contain 7 sticks of 400g of TNT equivalent each, according to reports of dariknews.bg.
The sticks were wrapped up in old newspapers from 1995 and there were no detonators.
The workers of Bulgaria’s state-owned railway company immediately called the police and a team of experts from the Interior Ministry’s Directorate for Operative-Technical Information (DOTI) took the bag away.
Pre-trial proceedings were opened into the matter to establish who and when had left the bag with the dangerous content near the railway tracks and where the TNT had been taken from.
- » Convicted of Rape and Thefts Escaped from the Prison in Lovech
- » French Customs Officers Detained Cannabis for EUR 4 Million from a Bulgarian Truck
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany