Bulgarian Railway Workers Find Abandoned Bag with 2.8kg of TNT near Tracks
Employees of the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) company found 2.8kg of TNT in a bag near the railway line Strazhitsa – Kesarevo, northeastern Bulgaria.
The railwaymen noticed an abandoned bag, which was found to contain 7 sticks of 400g of TNT equivalent each, according to reports of dariknews.bg.
The sticks were wrapped up in old newspapers from 1995 and there were no detonators.
The workers of Bulgaria’s state-owned railway company immediately called the police and a team of experts from the Interior Ministry’s Directorate for Operative-Technical Information (DOTI) took the bag away.
Pre-trial proceedings were opened into the matter to establish who and when had left the bag with the dangerous content near the railway tracks and where the TNT had been taken from.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene