NATO to Discuss Violation of Turkish Airspace by Russian Fighter Jet
NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg said on Monday that he will convene a meeting of the North Atlantic Council later in the day to discuss the Russian airstrikes in Syria, including a violation of Turkey’s airspace by a Russian military jet.
“I just met with the Foreign Minister of Turkey Feridun Sinirlioglu to discuss the recent military actions of the Russian Federation in and around Syria. Including the unacceptable violations of Turkish airspace by Russian combat aircraft,” Stoltenberg said in a statement.
Stoltenber also said he has made clear that NATO remains strongly committed to Turkey’s security.
He called on Russia to fully respect NATO airspace and avoid escalating tensions with the Alliance.
“I urge Russia to take the necessary steps to align its efforts with those of the international community” in the fight against the Islamic State group, Stoltenberg said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Chinese Military Points at US in Anger
- » Putin: Nazi Germany Wanted to Exterminate and Enslave Soviet People
- » Slovenian FM Sides with Skopje against Bulgaria, Requesting EU "action" for Western Balkans Enlargement
- » EU Council of Foreign Ministers Agrees New Sanctions on Lukashenko
- » Discover: Northern Areas of Pakistan – a Heaven on Earth
- » UK Reports over 11,000 COVID-19 Cases in 24 hrs, First Time in four Months