Migrants 'Part of Bargaining, Hybrid War'- EU's Tusk
EU Council President Donald Tusk has accused foreign leaders of using the migrant crisis to stir divisions within the EU.
At a conference in the resort town of Sopot in Poland, Tusk has warned migrants are turning into an element of the political confrontation, bargaining and "hybrid war" whose roots can be traced back to the developments in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine.
AFP quotes him as saying: "For the first time in my political career I have heard politicians openly declaring that the refugees heading to Europe are their method of getting [us] to act a certain way."
Tusk did not go into details, but warned the "military solutions in Syria proposed by some countries" carries out additional risks of deepening the migrant crisis.
He also added he was not only "talking about Russia."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Plans to Create New Body to Fight Future Pandemics and Health Crises
- » Lithuania Stopped over 2000 Illegal Immigrants Entering EU on It's Border with Belarus
- » Poland to Ease Restrictions for Vaccinated
- » EU Will Recognize Covid certificates from Turkey, Ukraine and North Macedonia
- » After EU Foreign Ministers Meeting - Talks with Taliban Likely to Happen
- » Germany Zeroes in on Non-vaccinted Citizens to Avoid New Lockdowns