Commander of Bulgarian Air Force Reportedly Resigns
Commander of the Bulgarian Air Force, Major General Rumen Radev, has reportedly submitted his resignation.
This was reported by daily Sega on Thursday, based on information of the defence ministry, which has been confirmed unofficially.
A statement of the defence ministry on the matter is expected.
Details on the motives behind the resignation of Major General Radev will be reportedly announced at the open day of the Graf Ignatievo Air Base.
His resignation comes a day after the defence ministry announced a proposal for allowing joint air policing missions between the air forces of Bulgaria and its NATO allies.
Earlier on Thursday, the main opposition party in parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) demanded the resignation of Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev over the proposal for joint air policing missions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Modernization of the Bulgarian Air Force Can Go Awry
- » Border Police Introduces Temporary Anti-Epidemic Measures for Arrivers in Bulgaria
- » “The EU Must Close its Borders to Migrants”, said the Slovenian Interior Minister
- » Bulgarian Border: 30 Illegal Migrants were Detained in Lyaskovets
- » Bulgarian Admiral: Modernization of our Army Can’t Compare to the Pace in Neighboring Countries
- » The Bulgarian Army will Assist the Interior Ministry in Guarding the State Border