EU Should Use Azerbaijan's Anti-Corruption Experience - Bulgaria VP
Bulgarian Vice President Margarita Popova has said the European Union should draw upon Azerbaijan's experience in anti-corruption.
In an interview with the Trend.az website, Popova has argued Brussels should "cooperate in this sphere with Azerbaijan not through instruction, but on an equal footing.
Popova has added that Sofia and Baku should work "in the name of peace on Earth".
Congratulating President Ilham Aliyev and First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva on the efforts to turn their country into "an independent, stable and economically successful [one]," she has added that the two respective states need not limit their cooperation to energy and economics, but also to the humanitarian sphere, culture and tourism.
Bulgaria is also interested in developing relations in judicial affairs, she has noted.
In Popova's words, there already is cooperation on a bilateral basis within the International Anti-Corruption Academy.
"No Western or Eastern country can call another country corrupt or non-corrupt. Corruption surmounts borders, it is a trans-national, international affair. It is a vice of the present-day global world."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria is ready for Retaliatory Measures in the event of a Schengen Veto from the Netherlands and Austria
- » Bulgaria: What Cabinet will the GERB Candidate propose? Who will enter it and what kind of Support does he expect?
- » Bulgaria: Who is the Nomination of GERB for Prime Minister?
- » Ivailo Kalfin: The Netherlands' decision is Insulting to Bulgaria
- » Ex-PM Borissov: There are 2 Options for a Government in Bulgaria – Me as PM or another but with Common Priorities
- » Stefan Yanev proposes for Bulgaria to Boycott the Netherlands