Bulgaria’s National Security Agency To Process Flight Reservation Data
A special unit tasked with processing flight reservation data is to be established at Bulgaria’s State Agency for National Security (DANS), according to a set of legal amendments proposed by the government.
The changes to the State Agency for National Security Act are to be submitted to Parliament.
The data will be processed only for the purposes of prevention, detection, investigation, and criminal persecution of serious offences and in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act, according to the press office of Bulgaria’s government.
The bill creates a new chapter of the State Agency for National Security Act, Chapter 6 a, which lays down the procedure according to which the new entity will receive and process flight reservation data, as well as the status of its director.
The bill includes administrative penal provisions on the case of a failure to meet the obligations to provide flight reservation data.
The bill introduces the requirements of Directive 2004/82/EC on the obligations of air carriers to communicate passenger data into Bulgarian legislation.
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair