More Than 88 500 Migrants Enter Croatia in Two Weeks
Croatia's Interior Ministry has said more than 88 500 migrants have entered the country in two weeks, as of 09:00 local time on Wednesday.
On Tuesday alone, the number of people who entered the country was 4200.
The influx rose two weeks earlier when Hungary introduced border restrictions with Serbia, diverting to Croatia thousands of migrants who reach Hungary via Serbia on their way to Germany.
Balkan Insight reports that Croatia is considering options if Hungary decides to completely close the common border. Budapest hasn't set a date for the move, but has tied it to the flow of migrants. An alternative option for Croatia, which in mid-September said it would start redirecting migrants to its Schengen neighbors, is to transport people to the border with Slovenia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » KFOR ready to Intervene in Case of Risk in Kosovo
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro
- » Survey: Young Serbs Hate Bulgarians, Croats and Albanians the Most
- » Tensions last night between Serbs and Kosovars
- » The Majority of Serbs are against NATO and the EU
- » Former Macedonian PM accused Sofia of a Plan for a Second Bulgarian State in the Balkans