Prices of Natural Gas, Heating in Bulgaria to Decrease from October 1
At its meeting on Wednesday, the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission (KEVR) adopted the planned decrease of the prices of natural gas and heating from October 1.
The price of natural gas will drop by 14.26 % on Thursday, meaning that the total decrease since the beginning of the year will exceed 30 %, private bTV station reports.
The prices of heating generated from power plants operating on natural gas will also drop considerably.
The calculations of KEVR show that compared to the last heating season, the prices will decrease by 16.4 % in Sofia, 16.8 % in Veliko Tarnovo, 15.3 % in Vratsa, 10 % in Varna, 14.4 % in Burgas, 12.8 % in Pleven and 17.06 % in Razgrad.
The lowest drop in the prices of heating on an annual basis will be registered in Plovdiv, where it will amount to 9 %.
A reserve of 5 % is left in order to prevent customers from being harmed in case the prices of natural gas increase during the heating season.
The chairperson of KEVR, Ivan Ivanov, said that there is a seasonal practice for the prices of natural gas to increase in the fourth quarter of the year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sad Anniversary: Bulgaria’s Energy System Collapsed on Friday 13th 1978
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Produced Nearly 11 Percent of the Electricity in Bulgaria for 2020
- » Bulgaria: Forecasts for Record Drop in Power Generation Proved Right
- » Bulgaria: Heating Companies Agree to Provide More Information to Consumers
- » Record Low Power Consumption on New Year Holidays in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria-Greece Gas Interconnector Changes Balkan Gas Supplies Map