Border Police Detains 35 Illegal Migrants in 24 Hours
Bulgarian Border Police said on Tuesday they have prevented 310 attempts of illegal migrants to cross from Turkey over the past 24 hours.
Another 29 foreign nationals have been detained while trying to sneak into Serbia. Eighteen of them were apprehended south of Kalotina border checkpoint. None of them carried identity documents.
Another 11 people claiming to be Afghan nationals but having no identity papers were detained by a border police patrol near the village of Berende Izvor, Dragoman municipality.
At the opposite end of Bulgaria’s territory, near the Black Sea town of Sozopol, border police detained six foreign nationals claiming to have come from Iraq but having no documents with them.
- » Chief Mufti in Bulgaria Demands Changes to Draft Laws on Religious Denominations
- » Bulgaria’s PM Orders Road Agency to Stop EU-funded Projects of G.P. Group
- » Mayor of Sofia: I Guarantee that I will not Pay for Poorly Conducted Repairs
- » Poll: 48% of Bulgarians Prefer Winter Time Throughout the Year
- » Former Regional Minister Nikolay Nankov Returns as Deputy Just а Month after Resignation
- » The Company Overseeing the Repair on Graf Ignatiev Str. in Sofia Fined with BGN 100,000.