Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo Ranks as Third Most Affordable Tourist Destination in World
The medieval Bulgarian capital of Veliko Tarnovo ranks as the third most affordable tourist destination in the world.
The ranking was compiled by the travel search engine, Trivago, which orders destinations according to a quality/price ratio of the tourist services offered in the cities.
The ranking is devised on the basis of an algorithm encompassing the Hotel Price Index of trivago (tHPI) and the hotel ratings of the website.
The data show the best combined results for an average hotel price for a night in a standard double room and the average users' rating for all available hotels in a destination
Veliko Tarnovo is the only destination representing Bulgaria in the top 100 and has a score of 97.17 %, preceded only by the Chinese town of Fenghuang and Mostar in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Last year, trivago ranked hoteliers in Veliko Tarnovo as being the most hospitable in Bulgaria.
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Foreign Tourist Arrivals Grows 9.7% in the First Half of 2018
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: For this Summer Season we Expect Growth of 5%
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises 6.5% y/y
- » Over 3.6 Million Tourists in Bulgaria in just Six Months
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: We Make a Commitment to Tighten Requirements for Tour Operators
- » Veliko Tarnovo: Over 203,000 Tourists Visit Local Museums in the First 6 Months of the Year