Repairing All Roads in Bulgaria Would Cost BGN 12 B by 2020
Repairing all roads in the country would cost BGN 12 B by 2020, according to Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova.
Speaking Monday at a forum on construction in 2016, she noted that there was no opportunity to provide such large amounts of money and the authorities were striving to secure funding for 5-6 priority projects.
Pavlova, as cited by the Focus news agency, informed that one of the key projects was the completion of Lot 3 of the Struma motorway.
She emphasized that it was important for Bulgaria to complete its motorway network and to focus efforts on wrapping up the vertical links.
Pavlova suggested that the aim was to reinvest a larger amount of resources in road development thanks to higher revenues.
Bulgaria’s Regional Development Minister vowed that smaller roads would not be neglected and that a total of around BGN 380 M of funding under EU operational programs would be allocated to them.
“We would like to give municipalities an opportunity to determine their budget themselves. We expect that the process will be fast-tracked as much as possible after the local elections,” she declared.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet